!( - )

!( - )

February 17, 2014

Easy Turkey and Veggie Fry


I'm so excited to share this new meal with you all--it's so easy and so healthy (gluten and dairy free). And so good. I'm also super proud of it because I dreamed it up myself. My husband suggested frying up the meat, and I came up with the rest, so that makes it my idea, right? ;)

I'm currently on a special diet that doesn't allow certain foods for the purpose of healing my stomach, a diet I've been on for three months now. Its restrictions do limit your variety, so this new dish is particularly exciting for me!

Easy Turkey and Veggie Fry


You'll need (for one serving):
2 carrots
A fist-size chunk of broccoli (how's that for specific? ;)
About 1/4 of an onion
Several slices of turkey lunchmeat (I use 4 Hormel Natural Choice Oven Roasted Deli Turkey)
1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil (regular or extra virgin)
Salt (I use sea salt)
Basil
Garlic

1) Slice up the carrots, broccoli, onion, and turkey however you like. You can see from the pictures how I prefer mine.
2) Place the carrots, broccoli, onion, and meat in a skillet on medium-high heat and drizzle them with the oil, then sprinkle salt, basil, and garlic to taste--amount is totally up to you; I lean toward less salt and plenty of basil and garlic. Stir occasionally to get all the pieces coated.


3) After about 3 minutes, reduce the heat and then stir it a couple more times over about 7 more minutes. The goal is to let it get rather crispy on the edges, especially the turkey.


Now it's all done!


I recommend having it with bananas, strawberries, and grapes, though grapes alone go wonderfully with it.


Some side notes: I like to chop up a whole bunch of the vegetables ahead of time so when I'm hungry, I can just put them in the pan instead of having to get the vegetables ready all over again every time. (Because I may be eating this every day lately...) Also, you could totally use any other lunchmeat with this, or freshly cooked meat. But my goal is convenience. Oh, and also, I am sure mushrooms would be incredible in this, but I can't have them right now...


So give it a try and please let me know how you like it!






P.S. Linking up with Throwback Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. Well doesn't this look super easy and yummy! Thanks for sharing your TBT recipe on our 3 Southern Gals link party! I may have to copy cat this one sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I'll have to try it! Found you through the 3 Southern Gals Throwback Thursday link up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Turkey!! This looks delicious, I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing via the 3 Southern Gals TBT linkup.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Comments make me happy, and I strive to reply to every one. I almost always reply by email so I can be sure you see my reply, so please make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!