!( - )

!( - )

October 8, 2014

Wellness Wednesday: Pizza Time!

Some of you may remember the pizza I shared last Wednesday in my post on all the new foods I've gotten to try again lately. Now I'm excited to share the recipe with you! At long last, here we are: gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, corn-free, soy-free, sugar-free, nightshade-free pizza! :D

And I do have to throw in there: one more reason I don't really care for fall? It's dark by the time I make dinner. That = not great pictures. But thanks to my screwed up sleep, I don't really have a choice of when to take pictures. So my apologies...


As with a lot of my recipes, I've taken an already existing recipe and altered it to my needs. In this case, the crust was this recipe for Paleo Focaccia. So huge thanks to them!! You can also easily half this recipe; this version I'm sharing is double the original. You can also double this version... Which I've never done...

You'll need:
For the crust:
1 cup Bloomfield Farms flour (they really should be paying me for how much I mention them...) (any flour would likely work)
4 eggs
2 Tbsp melted coconut oil (I use this)
2 tsp baking powder
A couple dashes of salt
Several generous sprinkles of garlic and basil (I'm sorry, I never measure things like that... Feel free to add in oregano and parsley too.)
A splash of coconut milk (I use this) {later edit: I've found that using more milk, about 1/4 cup, makes the dough runnier and therefore flatter and more pizza-like as opposed to biscuit-like. So I highly recommend adding a bit more if you find the crust too thick--I've come to prefer it so.}

For the sauce:
This easy, homemade coconut sauce (ohhh yeah, I showed you, tomatoes!)

For the toppings:
Pepperoni
Chopped onion
Chopped broccoli

1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices in a mixing bowl.
3) Add the eggs, coconut oil, and milk, and mix together.
4) Pour and spread the dough (which will be very thick) onto a baking dish lined with olive-oil-doused parchment paper. (Got that?) If the parchment paper won't stay put while you're trying to spread the dough, you can use chip bag clips to hold it down. You're welcome. :) And you can also dip the spoon or spatula you're using to spread the dough in olive oil or water to help the process.

 

5) Bake for 20 minutes, then remove and top with your ingredients of choice before baking for 10-15 more minutes as desired. As you can see, I cover it in my coconut sauce (very generously), then add pepperoni, onion, and broccoli. It doesn't really need the broccoli, but it makes me feel better about just having meat and onion on bread. ;)


 

And it is freaking. amazing. The sauce doesn't make the crust all soggy and gross when it soaks into it but just makes it better. And if you can have nightshades, I'm sure mushrooms and/or some green pepper would really do it.





So now I've shared chocolate chip cookies, ice cream that is out of this world, McGriddles, and now PIZZA. I rest my case. Healthy does not have to = deprived. :)

 Okay, last call! Today's the last day to enter my biggest giveaway ever
And also the last day to fill out my survey and get a $5 coupon to Katya Valera for doing so!

http://katyavalerajewelry.blogspot.com/2014/10/200th-post-celebration-reader-survey-my.html


{linking up with Delicious Dish Tuesday, Real Food Recipe Roundup here and here, Time to Sparkle, Share It Link Party, Do Tell Tuesday, Let Your Light Shine, Treat Yo' Self Thursday}


Image Map

1 comment:

  1. We love to make homemade pizza, but I've never put broccoli on mine. I love the idea and will def be trying it next time! YUM! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Delicious Dish Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Comments make me happy, and I strive to reply to every one. I almost always reply by email so I can be sure you see my reply, so please make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!